Medical Science Liaison – Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism (CVRM)
Location: Baar, Switzerland
Territory: Central Region (Inc. Basel, Bern, Lucerne)
Competitive salary & excellent company benefits
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Medical Science Liaison? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the patients in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies
Taking a forward-looking approach we look at the world through a different lens. We go above and beyond to find solutions that impact patients – harnessing science with technology and connecting the entire healthcare ecosystem.
We live in a hybrid space – one foot in the scientific world, the other partnering with the business. This is a place for strong communicators, resilient and fast-paced, who bring new ideas to the table then make them a reality.
What you’ll do
You will be a scientific expert in the field with a specific focus on engaging in high-level scientific exchange, on building and maintaining peer-to peer relationship with external experts and on understanding and uncovering unmet medical needs and on generating relevant insights. You will report directly into the Lead Medical Affairs CVRM.
You will help develop the medical product strategy and its implementation within the framework of the brand plan, mainly based upon the customer insights you gather in the field. Building and maintaining peer level relationship with key external experts to support understanding of the Swiss market & clinical dynamics and to engage with the medical / scientific community in a highly credible, balanced, and objective manner, representing AstraZeneca’s dedication to and excellence in science.
Working closely with Regulatory, Market Access, and Marketing and other functions on field-related medical issues thus helping support the R&I compounds during the entire lifecycle, as well as supporting local, regional and global AstraZeneca clinical research program and externally sponsored research projects. You will help to create meaningful real-world evidence data generation projects in collaboration with the brand team across the lifecycle of the brands in your therapeutic areas, and provide medical-scientific input on our sales promotion and other activities, including their implementation and potentially the material used.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Help set up and provide medical-scientific training and further education in your therapeutic area for the sales force and other AZ personnel
- Organization and execution of scientific events such as symposia, other educational initiatives for healthcare professionals
- Organization of and participation in (regional) advisory board meetings
- Build and maintain expertise in your therapeutic area by continuous education and by participation in national and international congresses and AstraZeneca events
- Support of the Medical Governance-Team (Medical Information / Patient Safety) in handling of external medical and scientific requests
- Ensure compliance with all local regulatory requirements and AstraZeneca Local and Global Policies and Guidelines
Essential for the role
- University degree in a health-related scientific field, such as MD or PhD
- Good understanding of cardiovascular, renal and metabolics development and execution of medical affairs plans
- Professional experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry, preferentially as MSL or within Medical Affairs in one of the therapeutic areas mentioned above; experience within Clinical research will also be considered
- Thorough knowledge of the local regulatory and market access requirements related to medical affairs activities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the legal and ethical framework and the procedural guidelines that apply to the promotion and approval of medicinal products in Switzerland (Pharmacodex, Compliance)
- Quick self-learner, ability and willingness to work in a team and independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including communicating complex technical, scientific, or medical information to various audiences
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German and English
- High-level of scientific knowledge and ability to analyze and process clinical and scientific data
- Experience in liaising with healthcare professionals
- Driving license, and willingness to drive within Switzerland
Desirable for the role
- Previous knowledge in cardiovascular, renal or metabolic diseases is a plus
- Good knowledge of German and English, French is a plus
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can you find more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bitte verweise bei der Bewerbung auf jobsfurmich.ch – Vielen Dank für deine Unterstützung!
Weitere interessante Stellenangebote findest du unter jobsfurmich.ch/jobs.
Dein nächster Job wartet auf dich!