Caring for the world … one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 140,000 people.
Janssen Vaccines, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is a global biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. We do this by discovering, developing, manufacturing and marketing products that combat major threats to the health of people worldwide. The Bern site, with its approx. 600 people of over 25 nationalities, acts as a center of expertise for development and manufacturing of innovative cell based viral- and bacterial vaccines and bacterial based therapeutic products.
The Analytical Development (AD) Department develops, transfers and validates various batch release, stability, in process and characterization test methods for our product portfolio. It performs characterization, comparability and stability studies and provides routine analytical support to the process development teams. The Associate Scientist position is located in the Process Development Analytical Services (PDAS) team within the AD Department. The focus of the position is to support the team in analytical transfer activities and assay implementation for routine testing within PDAS. The position holder will collaborate closely with AD scientists and analysts to ensure smooth transfer and timely delivery of analytical test results.
- Work with viruses, cells, proteins and nucleic acids. From sample preparation to analysis and data treatment.
- Acceptance and coordination of all non-GMP samples
- Planning, coordination, and execution of analytical assays with focus on method transfer and routine testing in line with established procedures.
- Main techniques include cell culture/viral work (BSL2) and flow cytometry but can include additional analytical methods such as qPCR, ELISA, Octet, HPLC, cGE, SoloVPE and others
- Specialist of the electronic analysis order system of PDAS (eGondola)
- Close collaboration with local AD scientists and analysts and colleagues from the broader Janssen organization
- Summarize and present experimental data to the team
- Adequate handling of notebooks and logbooks, regular update of lab databases and tracking systems.
- Create and review GLP documentation (study plans, assay protocols, work instructions, equipment instructions) in close consultation with AD scientists
- Support routine laboratory activities such as maintenance of equipment and instruments, ordering of materials and material stock management
- Follow project plans including protocols, SOPs and work schedules in a self-sufficient manner
Who we are looking for:
- MSc degree in a life science discipline
- Work/research experience in relevant field
- Experience with cell culture/viral work and flow cytometry is major advantage
- Independent way of working and taking ownership of assigned tasks to plan and deliver according to project timelines
- Team player with a communicative personality that can easily integrate into an existing team in a multicultural environment and efficiently collaborate
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Very good communication in English, German is an advantage
This job based in Bern, Switzerland will initially be limited to approx. 12 months. If you are interested in working with a global leading pharmaceutical company in a dynamic, progressive, and collaborative environment, then send us your application today. Or give us a call if you have any questions!
Bitte verweise bei der Bewerbung auf jobsfurmich.ch – Vielen Dank für deine Unterstützung!
Weitere interessante Stellenangebote findest du unter jobsfurmich.ch/jobs.
Dein nächster Job wartet auf dich!